Your transmission functions as one of the most important parts of your vehicle. Transmission problems can quickly become serious — and expensive — and render your vehicle inoperable. Your transmission transfers the power of your engine to the driveshaft, which in turn operates your wheels.
With a malfunctioning transmission, your vehicle could simply stop moving. A number of common signs can indicate transmission problems. If you notice any of them, you’ll want to schedule service fast. Luckily, Global Auto Transmission Repair provides a convenient and local resource for transmission problems nationwide. Call us today at (405) 415-2077 to learn more.
Signs of Trouble
The following serve to indicate transmission problems. If you detect them, don’t hesitate: schedule service today.
- Fluid Leaks: Your transmission relies heavily on its fluid. Since transmission fluid does not get depleted like motor oil, a leak can cause serious trouble.
- Movement Delays: Transmissions are designed to go into the correct gear. Delays in this mechanism mean you’ve got a problem.
- Dipstick Inspection: Transmission fluid should be almost clear, with a pinkish tint. Brown or black fluid means you need transmission service.
- Odd Sounds: For automatic transmissions, whining or buzzing sounds indicate a problem. For manual transmissions, listen for abrupt grinding when you change gears.
- Strange Smells: A burnt smell can indicate burnt transmission fluid, which in turn means that your transmission has overheated.
- Warning Light: The transmission temperature light can indicate when your transmission operates at a higher temperature than normal.
We Fix All Varieties of Transmission Problems
The above symptoms can indicate problems with your transmission. At Global Auto Transmission Repair, we fix all transmission issues, even those that necessitate a total rebuild. A few more common transmission problems appear below:
- Low Fluid or Leaks: The cause of many transmission problems, low fluid should get replaced immediately. We also offer complete flush and refill services when transmission fluid becomes too old or dirty.
- Torque Converter Issues: A strange brushing or grinding sound while in gear can indicate torque converter issues. This serious problem can result in total transmission failure.
- Solenoid Problems: The solenoid regulates the flow of fluid in your transmission. Problems here can cause transmission slipping.
- Clutch Problems: Issues with your clutch can cause violent shaking, extremely high heat in the transmission, and lessened overall power.
Schedule Service Today
At Global Auto Transmission Repair, we’re proud to serve as your one-stop solution for transmission problems. To schedule service call (405) 415-2077 today.